- This event has passed.
Resonances of Waterloo – CD Launch
2 July: 7:30 am - 9:30 pmFree
A special concert to launch the first studio recording of Sigismund von Neukomm’s Requiem in C minor of 1815 – Resonances of Waterloo being released by the University of St Andrews.
- St Salvator’s Chapel Choir, University of St Andrews
- The Wallace Collection
- Brass students from Trinity Laban
- Brass students from University of St Andrews
- Sean Heath (organ)
- Tom Wilkinson and Andrew Dunn (conductors)
We’ll be featuring in the first half of the concert a collection of inspirational works to mirror the concert’s theme, including:
- Félicien-César David (1810-76) Allegro Agitatofrom Nonette no. 1 (1839)
- Jean-Baptiste Arban (1825-89) Le petit Suisse (c.1859) echo cornet soloist John Wallace
- Charles-Camille Saint-Saëns (1835-1921) Danse macabre, 40 (1874) arranged for eight trombones by Alan Gout
- Giacomo Meyerbeer (1791-1864) Selection from Robert le Diable(1831) arranged for the National Brass Band contest at Crystal Palace in 1862 by James Smyth
In the second half we will then focus on Neukomm’s extraordinary work for organ, choir and brass octet – ‘Requiem in C Minor’ – the centrepiece of the new CD release – which we will perform on historic instruments to evoke most closely the original sound world of that period.
Free admission and copies off the new CD will be available for purchase.
- 2 July
7:30 am - 9:30 pm
- University of St Andrews
- Trinity Laban